Monday, September 20

That little dress

I've been MIA as I've been somewhat uninspired, unmotivated by my thesis this semester. It's Week 8 - and I have no actual building form. I sit by the computer for hours and hours and produce nothing... not sure what's going on!

So I blog. Ha ha ha.

A new love of mine after coming to Melbourne are vintage stores. This is very un-asian (certainly the mother went ick when I brought her to one of my favourite vintage stores- (Lost & Found on Smith St, in Brunswick) but the idea of someone else's trash becoming my treasure has some appeal for me.

If there is one thing I like about Melboure is that everyone and anyone is allowed to express themselves by streaking naked across the street if they want to - (this is true!) which means it's the perfect place to discover one's fashion style without (too much) judgement from other people...

So this is what I managed to grab from the mad Retrostar warehouse sales last weekend (for $10...!):



Other lovers of vintage and DIY's are Cheryl and Hong - and we've made a point to stray away from the usual thights+tshirt uni ensemble and dress up during the weekend!

I have many more DIY ideas that I want to do - when I find more time to procrastinate I'll post them up - till then, gros bisous!

2 comments:

red | hongyi said...

YAY! You're back in the blogosphere!!!

(mine's been dead lately @_@)

and oh - i love the dress - reminds me of wishwishwish's recent one (check out the one she wore at the cosmo awards)

and yeah, i totally can relate to how u felt when ur mum went ick over vintage stuff! my mum was like, what got into you?!?! when i pointed out some nice vintage/thrifted stuff while in europe. she was like, 'i could dig out all my stuff i wore back in the 70s and give it to u!' and 'i don't know what to say about ur taste in fashion sometimes'

hahah

mandasoquirky said...

oh yeah! wishwishwish has sailboats! and its so super adorable. do you see the clogs she wears it with? i wish i could find something similar here!

your mother is so honest D:
but maybe you SHOULD go see her old stuff from the 70s! (tho isn't that the time when bell bottoms and tie dyes were in trend?) and see if you can salvage anything moarhaha.

the dress looks a little old tho and i may need some fixing :( i'll wear it on wednesday brunch! and you wear something quirky too, we'll be thick skinned and take pictures! :)